This is a crystal clear, fast drying and self-leveling interior lacquer that provides a durable finish resistant to water and alcohol. It is easily repaired and recoated without removing the old finish. Fast drying, this formula allows multiple coats and one-day finishing. Available in Satin, Semi-Gloss and Gloss sheens.
Where to Use
Brushing Lacquer is recommended for use on interior wood, primed metal and fiberglass surfaces. It can be used on unfinished wood surfaces or previously finished surfaces that have been properly prepared. This clear finish can also be used over stained surfaces that have thoroughly dried.
Ideal for use on cabinets, furniture, woodwork and trim, and antiques.
All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dirt, wax, grease, glue and other contaminants or penetration and adhesion will be affected.
Bare Wood: Sand surface thoroughly with medium grit sandpaper and progress to fine grit sandpaper. Always sand in the direction of the wood grain. Remove dust with tack rag.
Previously Finished Surfaces: Surface should be sanded to remove imperfections and gloss, using extra fine sandpaper (220 grit), sanding with the grain. Remove dust with a tack rag. Before applying Brushing Lacquer to previously finished surfaces, test on an inconspicuous area. If wrinkling or lifting of the old finish occurs, remove with a wax-free paint remover and refinish as a bare wood surface.
Stained Surfaces: Stain must be thoroughly dry before applying clear finish. Do not sand uncoated stained surfaces.
Stir thoroughly before and during application. DO NOT SHAKE. For larger projects requiring more than one container, combine containers and mix to ensure gloss uniformity. Test the finish on an inconspicuous area to ensure adequate adhesion. Do not apply in direct sunlight or areas of extreme air movement.
- Apply with brush, flat pad or spray.
- Flow on generously with minimum brushing to achieve a glass-like finish. Maintain a wet brush, applying with the grain.
- Brushing Lacquer will dry to touch in 30 minutes. Sanding is not required between coats unless surface feels rough. If necessary, sand with very fine sandpaper and remove dust. Allow 2 hours between coats.
- Reapply. A minimum of three coats is recommended for ultimate protection. In high moisture areas, apply up to 6 coats to prevent white water spotting. Allow finish to cure for at least 24 hours before subjecting to normal use.
Do not thin. Use as packaged.
Approximately 200-300 square feet per gallon. Coverage will vary significantly depending on application method and condition of wood.
Apply when air and surface temperatures are between 60° and 90°F and humidity is between 30% and 70%. At 50% relative humidity and 70°F, Brushing Lacquer will dry to touch in 30 minutes. Recoat after 2 hours. Dry time will be affected by temperature, humidity and film thickness. Protect product from freezing prior to and during application.
Wait 24 hours before subjecting surfaces to light use. Care should be used during the first
Using a cleaning solvent, such as paint thinner or mineral spirits, is recommended for cleanup. The use of paint thinners or mineral spirits may violate VOC compliancy in your area. Check with your local government agencies to ensure proper compliancy.
To avoid spontaneous combustion during temporary storage, soak soiled rags and waste immediately after use in a water-filled, closed metal container.
MAX VOC: 680 grams/liter (5.7 lbs/gal)
Why use clear finishes?
Clear finishes are used to seal and protect surfaces. In many cases, clear finishes offer lasting, durable protection from abrasion, marring and chipping. Most clear finishes also protect the surfaces from damage caused by water and alcohol. Exterior clear finishes provide protection to withstand water, weather and sunlight.
Supplies List for Clear Finishing:
- Fine Grade Sand Paper or Nylon Sanding Pad
- Tack cloth or clean cloth
- Stir Stick and Drop Cloth
- Quality, China Bristle Brush
Technical Data Sheets
Safety Data Sheets
- 92704 – Clear – Quart English | Spanish | French
- 92708 – Clear – 2 Quart English | Spanish | French
- 92701 – Clear – Gallon English | Spanish | French
- 92705 – Clear – 5 Gallon English | Spanish | French
- 92710 – Clear – 10 Gallon English | Spanish | French
- 92804 – Semi Gloss – Quart English | Spanish | French
- 92808 – Semi Gloss – 2 Quart English | Spanish | French
- 92801 – Semi Gloss – Gallon English | Spanish | French
- 92805 – Semi Gloss – 5 Gallon English | Spanish | French
- 92810 – Semi Gloss – 10 Gallon English | Spanish | French
- 92904 – Satin – Quart English | Spanish | French
- 92908 – Satin – 2 Quart English | Spanish | French
- 92901 – Satin – Gallon English | Spanish | French
- 92905 – Satin – 5 Gallon English | Spanish | French